Simsburytv.org site information
This list last updated December 05, 2013
We use blip.tv for encoding many of our videos, and for hosting, tagging and distributing all of our video files
blip.tv is the world's leading videoblogging and podcasting service.
- In 2013 we started posting all our videos on youtube.com
- We use
Blogger WordPress for managing our blog
- We use Cache_Lite to speed up some parts of this site
PEAR: Cache_Lite - Fast and Safe little cache system
- We use Magpie RSS for processing rss feeds to populate some of the pages of this site
MagpieRSS (aka Magpie) is an RSS and Atom parser for PHP.
- We use phplist for managing our newsletter
phplist is an open-source newsletter manager.
- We use JPEG / PNG Image Resizer for dynamic resizing of images where required
By: Michael John G. Lopez
We use FCKeditor to simplify management of our online schedule and other site updates
Web-based HTML text editor with powerful formatting capabilities.
We use SWFObject to simplify integration of flash
- We use jquery,
- We use rss10.inc - by Edd Dumbill and Yahoo Pipes for easy generation of rss feeds
A convenience class to make it easy to write RSS classes
We use OpenX to help us learn what banners interest our users.
OpenX is a hugely popular, free ad server for web publishers.
- MySql making possible to store, organize data and run many of the site features
The world's most popular open source database.
- PHP is making possible run and integrate most of the software above
PHP is a server-side HTML embedded scripting language.
- Apache HTTP Server making possible to access everything on this site.
Apache HTTP Server is open-source HTTP server for modern operating systems.
- We also use many services from google and yahoo, like Google News for feeding our news page with current simsbury news. Webmaster Tools and Analytics for site diagnostics and statistics. Google Custom Search. Yahoo mail and Gmail.