Simsbury Community Television is a nonprofit local access TV station serving the community of Simsbury since 1984. SCTV facilities are available free of charge to trained volunteers for community programming. Funding for equipment, staff, and supplies comes from fees provided by CT television operators and tax-deductible donations from individuals, groups, and businesses.
SCTV’s daily operations are run by a full time Station Manager, Karen Handville, a part time Operations Assistant, Jason Staples, and a part time Administrative Assistant, Phyllis Fishberg. They are directed by a volunteer Board of Directors. The Bylaws and Policies & Procedures are the guiding documents for the operation of the station.
- Core Values of Community Television
- POLICIES & PROCEDURES.pdf
- Addendum to Political Programming Rules
DVD copies are available for any program produced at SCTV for a tax deductible donation. See the form for prices and options. Print the form
and mail with payment to SCTV.
Community Calendar Guidelines
- SCTV agrees to run notices submitted by any nonprofit and town organizations. Priority will be given to Simsbury notices. Notices may be accepted from other towns on a space available basis.
- Information for notices must be submitted in writing and include the name and phone number of the person submitting the notice.
- Notices will be run for a maximum of one month.
Cablecasting on SCTV
All persons producing or sponsoring programs for cablecasting on SCTV must sign and submit a Channel Use Agreement and the Addendum to the Use Agreement.
- Channel Use Agreement
- Addendum to the Use Agreement
- Definition of Obscenity
- Complaint of Objectionable Programming
SCTV recommends that a producer get a signed release form from each person appearing on their program. Here is a release form for your convenience.